- 1 peeled and sliced banana
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 pieces cooked bacon
- 1.5 teaspoons butter
- 2 slices white bread
For 1 sandwich
- Spread the peanut butter on one side of one slice of white bread.
- Cover the side with slices of banana, then top that with the bacon.
- Cover the loaded slice of bread with the other slice.
- Spread butter on both outside sides of the sandwich.
- Heat up a frying pan on the stove on a medium fire.
- Fry each side of the sandwich until both sides are golden brown and the peanut butter has melted, about 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
The Elvis sandwich, also called the Elvis, peanut butter and banana sandwich, or peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich, is supposed to have been a favorite of American singer Elvis Presley. Presley was famous for his love of his craving for strange food. There are many variations of this sandwich; however, many leave bacon out of the recipe.