- 2.5 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1/8 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds
Makes 40 cookies
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat the honey, butter and eggs together well in another bowl. You can use an electric mixer to save time.
- Gradually beat the the flour mixture into the honey mixture.
- Cover the resulting dough and chill it in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until it is firm.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven, to about 375°F. Grease two baking trays for the cookies.
- Take the chilled dough out of the fridge. Make small balls of a diameter of 1 inch (custom shapes or designs will also do).
- Place the balls on the trays and flatten them a little.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Beware not to overcook them, unless you like dry cookies.
- When the cookies are ready, take them out of the oven.
- While still warm, dip the cookies in melted butter and roll them in sesame seeds.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack and then serve.